Category: Media Players
A quick FAQ for everything you need to know about the anticipated Apple TV 4K.
Tech site iMore released a very helpful FAQ for all your must need, gotta know questions about the newly announced 5th generation Apple TV: The Apple TV 4K.
Here are some of the more important answers to the FAQs
When can I order it and when can I get my hands on it?
- Apple TV 4K goes on pre-sale September 15 and ships on September 22.
What’s it going to cost?
- 32GB Apple TV 4K: $179 ($229 CAN)
- 64GB Apple TV 4K: $199 ($249 CAN)
- 32GB Apple TV: $149 ($199 CAN)
- Note: They have discontinued the 64GB Apple TV 4 (It is still available as a refurbished device)
The most important tips and tricks all ATV4 users should know.
There are over 30 great tips and trick to help simplify the navigation and usability of the ATV4 right now. Like double clicking the home button to see apps running in the background and close them (like your iPhone) or creating folders to declutter your home page. These will definitely make your life easier check out the article below.
Kodi on ATV4? Yes it’s coming soon and now closer than ever!
MrMC a senior Kodi member is currently working on a version for Kodi on ATV4. This port would be fully compatible with the new TVOS operating system. In the effort to become fully compatible with TVOS and meet Apple criteria some Kodi features will be lost.
Note: A list of lost features was not mentioned or provided.
“MrMC is a fork/rebrand/refactor of Kodi. All offending sins have been purged from the codebase. So some features of Kodi might not be present. This lets us get into the App Store, not only for TVOS but iOS and OSX as well. Our timeline is a few weeks, basics are up and stable. Just some minor issues to resolve.
Kodi itself would never get approved. Not for TVOS nor iOS or OSX. Too many sins. So even when Kodi gets ported to TVOS, the only ways to get on the physical device are;
a) self compile, install via xcode
b) ipa resign/repack install via xcode
c) ipwnstore or similar.
Eventually, you will be able to run Kodi on the new AppleTV. But the port is not trivial and MrMC fork has a month head start and I’m an expert at porting the code base (did the original ATV1, ATV2, iOS, and Android ports) and dealing with issues. Others known me as ‘davilla’.
As soon as we enter the App Store, then all our private work becomes public and Kodi devs can start cherry-picking. Or they can start on their own version now, their choice.
We don’t see Kodi as competition to MrMC fork. We are aiming at the 80 percent users that just want to play their local content without having to do flips and tricks to get there. Kodi can have the other 20 percent geeks and tweakers” – MrMC
So what do you think of a “lite” version of Kodi on ATV4?
Check out MrMC’s site here.
Source: Official Kodi site
VLC which is a free and open source multimedia player. It allows your device to play virtually any multimedia file. Extremely useful when importing your own content.
VLC is a simple, fast and powerful media player that plays most codecs with no codec packs needed. Also it runs on all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix).
Check it out here.
Plex creates a personal server for all your media then sends it to the device of your choice. Extremely user friendly, Plex is packed with features designed getting to your stuff as easy as possible.
Plex takes your content and delivers it no matter where you are.
Sign up to Plex today.
Read the rest of the article here.
- Check to see if you can jailbreak your iPhone / iPad / iPod / Apple TV with The Jailbreak Wizard – getiOS – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)November 23, 2020Comments Off on Check to see if you can jailbreak your iPhone / iPad / iPod / Apple TV with The Jailbreak Wizard – getiOS – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)
- November 22, 2020Comments Off on It’s not game over for Apple TV — yet – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)
- Apple begins warning users to sign up for their free year of Apple TV+ within the next 90 days or it’ll be too late – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)November 22, 2020Comments Off on Apple begins warning users to sign up for their free year of Apple TV+ within the next 90 days or it’ll be too late – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)
- November 21, 2020Comments Off on unc0ver 5.2.0 / checkra1n iOS 13 – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)
- How to close apps on your Apple TV, so nothing is slowing your system down in the background – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)November 20, 2020Comments Off on How to close apps on your Apple TV, so nothing is slowing your system down in the background – AppleTV 4 Jailbreak (appletv4jailbreak.com)
- 3rd Party
- Airplay 2
- Amazon Prime
- App Store
- Apple TV 4K
- Cable Cutting
- Coming Soon
- Cydia Impactor
- For Sale
- Media Players
- Release Date
- Siri Remote
- Tips and Tricks
- tvOS 10
- TVOS 11
- tvOS 11.3
- tvOS 12
- tvOS 13